JOB OPENING: APPLICATION ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
CIVIC DATA COORDINATOR, based in Texas
Workers Defense seeks an Data Organizer to coordinate data analysis and voter engagement through our family of organizations (Workers Defense Action Fund, Workers Defense Project, Workers Defense In Action PAC, and Workers Defense Action Fund PAC). An ideal candidate is a highly motivated and action oriented individual who is passionate about using data to expand the Texas electorate and committed to build a statewide movement of working families, women, people of color, Latinx, and youth to change the face of Texas leadership.
About Workers Defense
Workers Defense seeks to build a long lasting infrastructure that will engage working Texans in the electoral and legislative processes that affect their lives. Workers Defense Action Fund (WDAF) educates and informs voters about their rights, advocates for stronger protections for workers and policies that dismantle racism, and engages historically under-represented voters in campaigns to elect representatives who care about working families’ needs.
JOB DESCRIPTION: CIVIC DATA COORDINATOR
The Data Organizer will coordinate across the Workers Defense family of organizations to support programs with data needs and organize low propensity voters. The Data Organizer will work with our staff statewide to create data systems to support our strategic work. Additionally, the Data Organizer will support our organizing and programmatic staff in legislative advocacy and leadership development. The Data Organizer is responsible for advancing the organization’s voter engagement goals, strengthening use of data in our work in Texas, and engaging low-wage workers in those efforts. The Data Organizer is an FLSA exempt, full-time position.
- Work with Workers Defense leadership to integrate statewide electoral strategy with Workers Defense issue advocacy and year-round organizing strategy;
- Support the Director of Civic Engagement and Campaign Managers to prepare for and execute field programs (volunteer and paid) in each city as needed;
- Manage data systems for our multi-city, statewide electoral program, including Voter Activation Network and CiviCRM database;
- Support teams in troubleshooting data tools and resources;
- Draft voter engagement reports integrating data visualization;
- Work in partnership with The Movement Cooperative (who manages our existing data systems)
- Contact and Organize hot leads and supporters to move our campaign issues forward;
- Create data reports in partnership with our organizing team;
- Support Development Team to create infrastructure for individual donors to WDAF and electoral organizations;
- Conduct data analysis to create voter universe, scripts, and canvass materials for WD’s field programs in partnership with the Director of Civic Engagement;
- Foster, strengthen, and maintain partnerships with allied organizations across the state;
- Collaborate with Communications Director and digital staff to maintain up-to-date and accurate list of contacts for our family of organizations;
- Perform required administrative tasks; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years experience managing data voter engagement activities;
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple responsibilities at once;
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and contribute to the success of a team;
- Proficiency in using the Voter Activation Network to develop scripts, cut universes, run data analysis etc.;
- Commitment to WD’s identity as a membership-based organization and commitment to advancing racial, economic, and social justice;
- Strong communication skills and an ability to engage diverse audiences, including candidates, low-propensity voters, and volunteers;
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build strong relationships with ally organizations and other stakeholders; and
- Willing to travel regularly in Texas between Austin, Houston, and Dallas.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish;
- Experience with donor cultivation and fundraising;
- Knowledge of SQL;
- Excellent public speaking skills; and
- Familiarity with Texas political ecosystem and actors.
- Base salary of $47,500;
- Employer paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance;
- Employee Assistance Program to support employee’s mental health;
- Generous leave policy;
- 11 paid holidays annually along with Dec 24th – Jan. 1st;
- Paid parental leave; and
- Retirement plan.
How to apply: Send resume, cover letter, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “CIVIC DATA COORDINATOR” in the subject line. We are not able to let applicants know when a position has been filled, but we update our website regularly for available positions.
Workers Defense is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQIA+ community.