ROLE: DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
LOCATION: TEXAS – AUSTIN, DALLAS, OR HOUSTON
APPLICATION DEADLINE: UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
The Development Coordinator will support the work of the Development team by cultivating donors, managing giving campaigns, supporting fundraising events, maintaining donor records, and building relationships with our worker members to create people centered fundraising processes. This individual will help us tell our story to the public, maintain donors’ interest in our work, utilize our networks, and – most of all – keep our fundraising efforts organized, data-driven, and movement based.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com. Please include the position title on the subject line of your email.
WHY WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU:
- You are committed to social justice, furthering workers’ rights, and building a broader labor movement.
- You are enthused about developing grassroots leadership to advocate our vision to achieve dignified and just working conditions for low-wage workers.
- You enjoy working independently and are adept at juggling multiple responsibilities.
- You have solid interpersonal skills and enjoy working with people.
THIS ROLE IN ACTION:
- Process all donations and other financial contributions in CiviCRM database;
- Prepare and send thank you letters and donation receipts;
- Respond to inquiries and maintain records related to donations;
- Ensure ongoing accuracy of all donor records in database;
- Lead monthly donor retention and communication within the Development department
- Produce donation reports that track fundraising progress, donor retention, and revenue streams;
- Coordinate giving campaigns (Amplify Austin, North Texas Giving Day, corporate campaigns, and more);
- Provide support for fundraising events (logistics, coordination with donors, tracking donations, etc.);
- Provide support for annual Changemakers celebration planning and execution
- Coordinate creation of fundraising materials, such as signage, swag, one-pagers, donor packets, and newsletters
- Create reports to track fundraising trends, progress and analysis;
- Collaborate with Finance team to reconcile contributions between bookkeeping records and CiviCRM database;
- Work with Development Director and our worker members to build member based fundraising strategies
- Support Development team and organizational program directors to collect, process, and maintain member dues
WHAT YOU’LL BRING*:
- Minimum one year of fundraising experience or administrative experience
- Experience with donor management software and database management
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office tools and Google Business Applications
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Experience managing projects and have strong project management skills
- Valid Texas Drivers License and insured vehicle
- Proficient in English & Spanish
*If you don’t meet all the criteria above but still feel your experience could be a good fit for the role, please apply. Workers Defense recognizes that candidates who don’t check every box can still add value to our team.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The salary scale for this position is $58,000 – $63,000 annually.
- $1,000 annual bilingual language stipend.
- Employer-paid medical, vision, dental, and life insurance.
- Paid leave consists of 10 days vacation, 10 days sick, and 5 days personal.
- 26 paid holidays annually (including your birthday, the week of Thanksgiving, and our winter break from Dec. 23rd through Jan. 1st)
- Every other Friday off.
- Retirement plan with company match of 3% (as per our Personnel Policies Manual).
- Parental leave of 12 weeks paid (after probationary period – 90 days from hire).
ABOUT WORKERS DEFENSE ACTION FUND:
We center the issues of workers rights first and foremost, and engage working Texans around the issues that are most important to their families while supporting year-round civic engagement.
ABOUT WORKERS DEFENSE PROJECT:
Created in 2002, WDP is a statewide, membership-based organization devoted to workers’ rights and advocacy, chiefly aiming to build power among Texas construction workers.
Workers Defense organizations are equal opportunity employers and actively encourage and recruit people of color, immigrants, women, and LGBTQ+ individuals to apply.