JOB OPENING: Canvassers in Austin, TX
APPLICATION ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITIONS ARE FILLED
Job Summary: Workers Defense Action Fund a 501(c)(4) that engages historically underrepresented voters in electoral and legislative campaigns to win better protections for Texas workers. WDAF’s advocacy focuses on building infrastructure to engage working Texans in electoral and legislative activities that affect their quality of life. WDAF’s goal is to elect candidates that support a progressive pro-worker agenda and hold them accountable to pass policies that enable Texas families to achieve greater economic security and better quality of life. WDAF is looking for exceptional canvassers to join our exciting Austin Get Out the Vote campaign for the midterm elections this fall.
We will knock on pre-selected voters’ doors to encourage them to participate in the upcoming election. We are seeking self-starting, energetic, responsible canvassers, who are passionate about making a difference for working families in Texas! This position is part time and temporary. Training will be provided.
- Great people skills- be able to hold conversation with voters at the door;
- Ability to work 30 hours per week (Sunday-Thursday 2:30pm-8:30pm);
- Energetic and must be able to walk for 4 hours during each shift going door to door;
- Passionate about social justice;
- Ability to use an electronic tablet or smartphone to record information;
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance; and
- Bilingual preferred; English and Spanish.
Perform targeted door-to-door canvassing in assigned, pre-selected communities, under direction of the Lead Canvasser;
- Educate community members about the voting process;
- Distribute educational materials door-to-door;
- Participate in trainings and other meetings, as assigned; and
- Document information regarding all required metrics and canvass results including information such as the number of homes canvassed and number of contacts made.
Compensation: Positions have a commitment from Sept. 4th – November 6th, Election Day, at $15.00/hr. Hours will run 20-30 hours per week, including work on weekends. Additional hours may be available leading up to the election.
Training: Full paid training will be provided and will be given all the tools needed to succeed.
How to apply: Please send resume or interest in applying to email@example.com with “Austin Canvasser” on the subject line.
As an equal opportunity employer, Workers Defense Action Fund embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.