JOB OPENING: Lead Canvasser in Austin, TX
APPLICATION ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITIONS ARE FILLED
Job Summary: Workers Defense Action Fund is a 501c4 that engages historically underrepresented voters in electoral and legislative campaigns to win better protections for Texas workers. WDAF’s advocacy focuses on engaging working Texans in electoral and legislative activities that affect their quality of life. WDAF’s goal is to elect candidates that support a progressive pro-worker, pro-immigrant agenda and hold them accountable to pass policies that enable Texas families to achieve greater economic security and better quality of life.
WDAF is looking for an exceptional leader to manage a team of 10 – 12 canvassers for our exciting Dallas Get Out the Vote campaign for the midterm elections this fall. We will knock on pre-selected voters’ doors to encourage them to participate in the upcoming election. We are seeking a self-starting, energetic, responsible canvasser, who is passionate about making a difference for working families in Texas! This position is full time and temporary. Training will be provided.
- Directly supervise canvassing staff, conduct daily reviews with canvassers and manage the overall performance of staff;
- Train and retrain canvass staff to hold effective conversation at the doors by using a brief prepared script; and
- Recruit and identify additional canvass staff as needed in order to maintain a fully staffed team; train and on-board new staff; recommend underperforming staff for termination.
- Utilize the Voter Activation Network (VAN) to cut turf and provide daily canvass assignments;
- Collect and manage data, review for accuracy and complete daily and weekly reporting on field activities;
- Experience in supervising staff or volunteers
- Strong interpersonal, written and communication skills;
- Passionate about social justice issues
- Ability to work well with a diverse groups of people;
- Be available for hourly work in the evenings starting in August until November 6th, Election Day; and
- Own your own vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish
- Experience with Voter Activation Network (VAN)
Compensation: Position has a commitment from September to Nov 6th, Election Day. Competitive Pay, based on experience.
This position includes work on weekends. Hours may change around Election Day.
Training: Full paid training will be provided and will be given all the tools needed to succeed.
How to apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Austin Lead Canvasser” on the subject line.
As an equal opportunity employer, Workers Defense Action Fund embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.