JOB OPENING: Recruiter in Austin, TX
APPLICATION ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITIONS ARE FILLED
Job Summary: Workers Defense Action Fund is a 501c4 that engages historically underrepresented voters in electoral and legislative campaigns to win better protections for Texas workers. WDA’s advocacy focuses on engaging working Texans in electoral and legislative activities that affect their quality of life. WDA’s goal is to elect candidates that support a progressive pro-worker, pro-immigrant agenda and hold them accountable to pass policies that enable Texas families to achieve greater economic security and better quality of life.
WDA is looking for an exceptional leader to recruit canvassers for our exciting Austin Get Out the Vote campaign for the midterm elections this fall. We will knock on pre-selected voters’ doors to encourage them to participate in the upcoming election. We are seeking a self-starting, energetic, responsible recruiter, who is passionate about making a difference for working families in Texas! This position is full time and temporary. Training will be provided.
- Conduct outreach in the community to recruit canvassers for our 2018 field program;
- Hold twice-weekly information sessions for canvasser applicants;
- Post the canvasser position widely online and at promising recruitment locations in the community;
- Identify locations to conduct outreach and advertise the job position;
- Recommend candidates for hire for the canvasser position (job offers will be made by WDA staff);
- Receive training necessary to perform your job duties; and
- Complete other tasks necessary in support of the field program.
- Any experience in recruiting for volunteers or staff;
- Strong interpersonal, written and communication skills;
- Passionate about social justice issues;
- Ability to work well with a diverse groups of people;
- Be available for hourly work in the evenings starting in August until November 6th, Election Day; and
- Own your own vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.
- Bilingual – English and Spanish
Compensation: Position has a commitment from September to Nov 6th, Election Day. Competitive Salary, based on experience.
This position includes work on weekends. Hours may change around Election Day.
Training: Full paid training will be provided and will be given all the tools needed to succeed.
How to apply: Email resume to email@example.com with “Austin Recruiter” on the subject line.
As an equal opportunity employer, Workers Defense Action Fund embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.